Thinking about evaluating your current 401(k) consultant, or ready to find a new provider? Join our upcoming webinar to gain a clear understanding of what you need to know before going to market.
Two Dates Available:
- June 29th, 2021 – 2:30pm PT / 5:30pm ET
- June 30th, 2021 – 8:00am PT / 11:00am ET
This interactive webinar will give plan fiduciaries a clear understanding of what to expect when embarking on a 401(k) advisor evaluation and/or search. Join speakers Jim Scheinberg, Managing Partner, and Gregory Metzger, Search Practice Leader, search experts that have collectively administered over 200 searches totaling more than 100 billion in retirement plans. Jim has also served as an expert witness on over a dozen related ERISA lawsuits including working as an expert for the U.S. Dept. of Labor.
During the webinar, Jim & Greg will examine the regulations and case law that drive many fiduciaries to initiate consultant evaluations. They will then explore routes committees can take when embarking on an evaluation or search, as well as practical tips to use and pitfalls to avoid when going to market.
During this webinar you’ll learn about:
- Why evaluating your consultant is important, including the transition from 3(21) consulting to 3(38) discretion, a plan’s fiduciary duty to monitor, and related regulations and case law.
- Tips on how to evaluate or select a 401(k) consultant including the DIY approach, the DIY-with-help-approach, or what you need to know when working with a search professional.
- RFP best practices and mishaps as well as negotiation tactics and advice.
Participating plan fiduciaries will have the opportunity to ask our experts specific questions and for advice.